Prague is an absolutely unique city with more than 70 Romanesque houses in the centre. Unfortunately they are hidden to our eyes as cellars, underground restaurants, bars, museums. You will visit some of them and find out the reason why this is so.
From the Powder Tower we will go along Celetna Street to Ungelt (former customs house) to Old Town Square. Everywhere you will notice interesting features that will show you how Prague has developed since the 10th century.
You will also go into several underground places and discover what secrets the Old Town has prepared for us.
You will visit the first premises of Charles University – Angels campus and one of the oldest houses in Prague from the 12th century – Houst at Kunstat.
You will end our walk at one of Prague’s 4 rotundas – the Rotunda of the Holy Cross.
During the tour you will discover
– where the oldest house of Charles University was
– how „old Prague“ looked like
– you will explore the underground of several houses
– learn how people used these areas and how some of them were found
– find out how important Prague was in the Romanesque times
– why the Rotunda of St. Cross was not demolished during the urban renewal
Duration: approx. 2 hours
Price: according to the price list